“Over the last decade high tech systems have become more powerful, but also increasingly complex from software point of view. Sioux excels in engineering control systems by mastering and applying technologies like Verum’s model-driven software engineering tools. For more than 5 years these tools have boosted our ability to create defect free software. It is absolutely true that there is an increased productivity, resulting in reduced development and maintenance costs and therefore more room for adding customer value”Michael van de Ven, Software Technology Specialist, Sioux Embedded Systems BV
“FEI designs, manufactures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. For over 5 years we have been working with the first generation of Verum’s model-driven software engineering tools. Their fully integrated design, verification and code generation toolset has delivered major benefits for FEI in terms of finding errors early and delivering better software at a lower cost. We have been involved in the development of the second generation of their tools and we expect that the new modelling language will minimise the overhead we have encountered so far in terms of learning curve and system integration issues.”Martijn Kabel, R&D SW Manager, FEI Company
Become part of our community and get started today
Benefit from the experience and the expertise of our team and other
A Simple Example
Register now and we will send you a download link to a free fully featured evaluation version
Sign up now and benefit!
Dezyne 1.1 available. Get it for freeSeptember 16, 2015
The Verum team is pleased to announce that starting with the 16th of September 2015 Dezyne Release 1.1 is available for download.
Click on the link and download Dezyne 1.1.0 now!
This version is free for non-commercial use.
If you are interested in a license for commercial evaluation or commercial usage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New features and improvements
Version 1.1 is an extension of Release 1, the first commercially supported version of Dezyne, and comes with the following new features and improvements:
- A component with behaviour can have multiple provides ports allowing for multi client components.
Accessing more than one provided port within one “transaction” is not allowed; a verification error is issued upon violation.
- Improved ASD to Dezyne converter. (tickets: 6898, 6953)
- Improved assistance (code assistance / code completion) for model editing in eclipse. (tickets: 6853, 6856, 6859, 6868, 6920, 6925, 6926, 6936, 6946, 6964)
- New target language c++-msvc11 to support compilation of C++11 code in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013. (ticket 6977)
- The java target language (in the freemium version) is “upgraded” such that it is compatible with Java 8 and a new target language, java7, is introduced (only in the freemium version), to preserve compatibility with Java 7.
- In the Sequence View, headers of lifelines are sticky and do not scroll away for larger diagrams.
There are a few known issues that we are addressing in a next release:
- The Code Completion / Code Assistant feature has been improved significantly, but offers in a few cases still too many or invalid options.
- There are two kinds of language checks: one is performed on the fly while typing, and the other is performed after saving. Since any found errors are displayed in the same way this can be confusing in some cases. (ticket 6922)
- Scrolling in the system view and state chart is not always smooth on Mac and sometimes a scroll bar is missing. This manifests itself mainly when using the internal browser and is a known bug of the visual library that is used for all views (GoJS). (ticket 6893)
- Printing on a Mac is not yet possible due to a known issue with the Paperclips library with SWT cocoa. (ticket 6943)
- Using a “;” inside an extern type expression (the part between dollar signs) will result in a syntax error. Therefore avoid the “;” sign in these type expressions. (ticket 6954)
- Conversion of full-featured submachines (specified in ASD models) leads to incomplete Dezyne models. (tickets: 6967, 6968)
Your free copy of Dezyne is waiting for you, and we encourage you to put Dezyne 1.1.0 to good use and provide us with all your feedback.
The Verum team.
Engineering tools for software controlled systems
Verum exists because our team, along with our customers, believes that there’s a better way to build software systems. We mean to provide software engineers with a range of tools that will free their creativity, liberating them from the constraints of conventional development methods and opening up a new, organised and fun way to create sophisticated software controlled systems.
Robert Howe founded Verum in 2004 with the belief that there was a better way to develop complex embedded software. Through the application of proven mathematical techniques, Verum has developed unique technology that is at the heart of our new generation of software design tools.
Verum has established reference customers for its technology which include leading companies such as Philips, ASML, FEI and Ericsson (to name a few). Through these projects we have demonstrated that our products deliver a net 30%-50% improvement in productivity and a corresponding decrease in time to market and software defects.
Results such as these have helped Verum’s customers to continue to innovate while driving quality improvements.
Based close to Eindhoven in The Netherlands, Verum maintains close ties with researchers of the Technical University of Eindhoven (TU/e) and of Oxford University in the UK.
ContactVerum Software Tools BV
Laan van Diepenvoorde 6, 5582 LA Waalre, The Netherlands
Company info: Tel: +31 40 235 9090
HelpDesk: Tel: +31 40 235 9094
Become part of our community and get started todayBenefit from the experience and the expertise of our team and other