“Over the last decade high tech systems have become more powerful, but also increasingly complex from software point of view. Sioux excels in engineering control systems by mastering and applying technologies like Verum’s model-driven software engineering tools. For more than 5 years these tools have boosted our ability to create defect free software. It is absolutely true that there is an increased productivity, resulting in reduced development and maintenance costs and therefore more room for adding customer value”Michael van de Ven, Software Technology Specialist, Sioux Embedded Systems BV
“FEI designs, manufactures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. For over 5 years we have been working with the first generation of Verum’s model-driven software engineering tools. Their fully integrated design, verification and code generation toolset has delivered major benefits for FEI in terms of finding errors early and delivering better software at a lower cost. We have been involved in the development of the second generation of their tools and we expect that the new modelling language will minimise the overhead we have encountered so far in terms of learning curve and system integration issues.”Martijn Kabel, R&D SW Manager, FEI Company
Become part of our community and get started today
Benefit from the experience and the expertise of our team and other
A Simple Example
Register now and we will send you a download link to a free fully featured evaluation version
Sign up now and benefit!
Dezyne 1.2 available. EnjoyDecember 17, 2015
The Verum team is pleased to announce that starting with the 14th of December 2015 Dezyne Release 1.2 is available for download.
Click on the link and download Dezyne 1.2.0 now!
This version is free for non-commercial use.
If you are interested in a license for commercial evaluation or commercial usage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New features and improvements
Version 1.2.0 is an extension of Release 1.1.0, and comes with the following new features and improvements:
- No “unused variable” warnings for parameter aliases.
- No warnings which suggest parentheses around ‘&&’ within ‘||’.
Eclipse plug-in / Editor
- A Dezyne model file can be opened in the Dezyne Eclipse client without the need to create a Modelling project. (ticket 6901)
Tip: It is also possible to associate the .dzn extension with the Dezyne Eclipse client executable and open a Dezyne model file by a double-click in the file system. (ticket 6955)
- No more “Unable to connect” is shown when displaying state chart for models where states without behaviour are defined. (ticket 6886)
- (it seems that) The Dezyne Eclipse client works without any problems on PCs where Bitdefender is installed as antivirus software. (ticket 6800)
- The menu item “Generate code” from the popup menu list that appears when right clicking on a file in the Project Explorer does not grey out anymore. (ticket 6891)
- Projects with links in virtual folders are properly handled. (ticket 6902)
- Select and copy / paste text from table views works with built-in browser also. (ticket 6998)
Usage: Press Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V for copy / paste.
- Verification results and failure traces are properly displayed. (ticket 6990)
ASD to Dezyne conversion
- All submachines can be converted. (tickets: 6967, 6968)
- All comments are preserved during conversion. (ticket 6986)
- ASD models with “early” otherwise are correctly converted. (ticket 6985)
- The location of last imported model is remembered to ease up next conversion. (ticket 6875)
- ASD models with builtin ASD timer can be converted.
- Large Dezyne models are properly verified (no time-outs and no unexpected failures).
- The main Dezyne functions are start-able in the Dezyne Eclipse client using keyboard shortcuts. (part of ticket 6994)
Usage: Press F6 to start a verification, F7 to start a simulation, F8 to start code generation, and F9 to check correctness of the model
- The (larger) context of where I am currently working in the model is better visible. (ticket 6992)
- The enclosing state of the current scope is shown at the top of the table view.
- The context of the element that has focus in the editor is shown via a breadcrumb at the top of the editor.
Usage: If not activated, click on the “Show Breadcrumb” check-box in Window->Preferences->Dezyne->Language->Editor.
- Same colours are provided for model elements in the table views and in the editor.
- The target state of an event is easier to access. (ticket 6813 and part of ticket 6995)
Usage: Press Ctrl+Click or Click to navigate to the target state while in the table view or in the editor.
- The navigation in the model is improved. (part of ticket 6995)
Usage: Press Ctrl+Click to navigate in the editor (for events, variables, and functions) from reference to definition.
- Better search results are given and the context is clearly shown for “Find references”. (part of ticket 6995)
- Progress is shown during verification. (ticket 6815)
Usage: For now you have to use the Dezyne commandline client to see the results of runed checks.
- Specific elements in the tables are selectable and on a click a jump to the corresponding location in the model occurs. (ticket 6997)
- The Next State is correctly displayed in the views also when there are guards in the Actions column. (ticket 6984)
- Namespaces can be specified in Dezyne models.
- Models in which the blocking keyword is used are parsed correctly.
Your free copy of Dezyne is waiting for you, and we encourage you to put Dezyne 1.2.0 to good use and provide us with all your feedback.
The Verum team.
Engineering tools for software controlled systems
Verum exists because our team, along with our customers, believes that there’s a better way to build software systems. We mean to provide software engineers with a range of tools that will free their creativity, liberating them from the constraints of conventional development methods and opening up a new, organised and fun way to create sophisticated software controlled systems.
Robert Howe founded Verum in 2004 with the belief that there was a better way to develop complex embedded software. Through the application of proven mathematical techniques, Verum has developed unique technology that is at the heart of our new generation of software design tools.
Verum has established reference customers for its technology which include leading companies such as Philips, ASML, FEI and Ericsson (to name a few). Through these projects we have demonstrated that our products deliver a net 30%-50% improvement in productivity and a corresponding decrease in time to market and software defects.
Results such as these have helped Verum’s customers to continue to innovate while driving quality improvements.
Based close to Eindhoven in The Netherlands, Verum maintains close ties with researchers of the Technical University of Eindhoven (TU/e) and of Oxford University in the UK.
ContactVerum Software Tools BV
Laan van Diepenvoorde 6, 5582 LA Waalre, The Netherlands
Company info: Tel: +31 40 235 9090
HelpDesk: Tel: +31 40 235 9094
Become part of our community and get started todayBenefit from the experience and the expertise of our team and other